Name: Shubham Gadewar
Apartment Building: Strata West
Years/Months Lived at City Center Residential: 1 yr 6 mt
Instagram handle: @shub0y
1. Why make Downtown Allentown home? The restaurants and services it offers are nowhere to be found in Lehigh Valley. You’ve got everything you need within walking distance. Moreover, Strata is near my work in Bethlehem, where I usually commute.
2. Are you a Lehigh Valley native? If not, what brought you to the Lehigh Valley? No, I grew up in Nanded, Maharashtra, India and came here to the United States for completing my master’s degree in computer science from Pace University, NY. I lived in Jersey City for 3 years and then relocated here to Lehigh Valley for work.
3. How did you hear about Strata West? Was it through a friend or online? I came across Strata West when I was browsing online for a home here in Allentown and it was the only place I really explored on my list.
4. Why did you choose Downtown Allentown as opposed to other residential communities in the Lehigh Valley? Coming from a very crowded country, I like being around people and this community does provide lots of activities like Happy Hours, Movie and Trivia Nights which are fun and allow one to socially engage and learn more about your neighbors.
5. What was the deciding factor that made you choose Strata West as your new home? People – Strata has one of the best teams I ever came across. Every building has features and amenities. Mostly it’s the people around it which makes you feel home.
6. Describe your commute to work. On a busy day my commute usually takes around 15 minutes on Rt 22.
7. Compared to other places you’ve lived, what makes Strata West unique? The number of features and amenities it provides. Also, free parking downtown is never heard of.
8. What’s your favorite memory so far since you’ve moved to Downtown Allentown? It’s the Movie Night where we watched Hocus Pocus on the ArtsWalk.
9. How did you meet other people in your residential community? Was it at a resident event or happy hour? Both – Also, I usually grab a beer and hang out on the rooftop where I meet most of the residents.
10. How did you make your apartment home? I got most of my furniture from Wayfair and Amazon, but generally I go to garage sales because I like having some antiques in my apartment.
11. How would you describe your decorating style? Being a computer engineer I have most of the things automated, but I also love to have antiques and old things – Retro Modern, if that’s a term.
12. What’s your favorite amenity space? Due to the pandemic, I’ve been using the Business Centre a lot.
13. When you have a friend visit, which restaurant or retailer do you take them to? Biryani City, they have authentic Indian food and I love the way they make food spicy.
14. What do you want other people to know about living in Downtown Allentown? It’s vibrant, cultured, modern and, most importantly, safe.